With the exception of ashes interments, we don't undertake the digging of graves. The digging and backfill of graves must be arranged by the undertaker. Depth of graves must not to exceed six foot.
- For the interment of the body of a still born child or a child whose age at the time of death did not exceed 16 years: nil
- For the interment of the body of a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years (different fee applies to a woodland burial plot): £491
- For the interment in a woodland burial plot of the body of a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years: £870
- For the interment of cremated remains: £143
- For the scattering of cremated remains, Sidmouth and Seaton cemeteries only: £102
when you have the ashes of a loved one scattered in Sidmouth or Seaton cemetery you will also need to have a plaque put on the memorial wall in the Garden of Rest.
- Memorial plaque: £198
Exclusive rights of burial in earthen graves
Exclusive right of burial to be for a period of 50 years
- For the exclusive right of burial for a stillborn child or a child whose age at the time of death did not exceed 16 years in a child's grave: nil
- For the exclusive right of burial for a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years in a grave size 9ft x 4ft: £870
- For the exclusive right of burial in an ashes plot for a person whose age at the time of death exceeded 16 years
- ashes plot x 2: £205
Monuments, gravestones, tablets and monumental inscriptions
Only a headstone, which must be of a prescribed design, may be erected in Seaton cemetery for the right to erect or place on a grave in respect of which the exclusive right of burial has been granted.
- a headstone not exceeding 4ft in height and 3ft in width: £174
- a flat stone not exceeding 7ft x 3ft: £174
- a footstone not exceeding 1ft in height: £174
- kerbstones or border stones not exceeding 7ft x 3ft (not at Seaton: £174
- vase (not at Seaton): £82
- tablet on any grave (not at Seaton) or in Sidmouth chapel: £82
- for each additional inscription: £82
- for the erection of a plaque on the wall in the garden of rest in Sidmouth or Seaton cemetery (inclusive of value added tax): £198
Searches in registers
- Every search (other than personal searches which are free): £31
- Every certified copy of any entry or burial in the register books: £17.50
- for every service held in the chapel: £123
The fees set out above are double where:
At the time of death or immediately before death the deceased was not resident in the district
The exclusive rights to a grave are purchased by someone who is not resident in East Devon at the time of purchase.